I do not have time to read books!
Reading books is one of the most important ways to improve and master a language! Although listening is also very important, but usually spoken language is much more difficult to understand compared to written text.
Many people say: "I do not have time to read books!". Usually they spend several hours in front of TV or social media!
You can find time to read books while:
Make sure you have at least several books on your mobile phone. Reading on mobile phones has many advantages compared to reading paper books.
- In bed: reading in bed before you fall asleep has many advantages: in addition to the benefits of reading and satisfaction, reading is one of the best sleeping pills!.
- Waking up during night: sometimes you wake up in the middle of the night and can not fall asleep again. Start reading and you will fall asleep soon!
- Waiting: many times we have to wait during the day. If you have some books in your mobile, start reading even a few words!
- In public transport: reading while commuting is a great investment of time.
- Listen to audio books: you can listen to audio books while walking, driving, doing exercise, before going to bed...
- Read for kids: reading for kids has many many benefits!
- Read with your spouse: reading with your spouse is a great habit (if you are lucky to have one)!
- Read in the bathroom: if you absolutely have not time, this may be the best time! Actually many houses have a library in the bathroom!
If you do not have time to read best-selling books of all time, try to start with classic children books!
So please, oh please, we beg, we pray.
Go throw your TV set away.
And in its place you can install.
A lovely bookshelf on the wall.
Then fill the shelves with lots of books.
Ignoring all the dirty looks.
- Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
"I never need to find time to read. When people say to me, ‘Oh, yeah, I love reading. I would love to read, but I just don’t have time,’ I’m thinking, ‘How can you not have time?’ I read when I’m drying my hair. I read in the bath. I read when I’m sitting in the bathroom. Pretty much anywhere I can do the job one-handed, I read."
- J. K. Rowling
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go."
- Dr. Seuss
"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
- Groucho Marx
Here is a link on YouTube
Classic Children Books
Classic School Age Children Books
Classic Books for Teenagers
Classic Children Books by Age
Best-selling Books of All Time
Why Learn English Language?
The Benefits of Reading for Kids